Our Preschool in Pictures
Preschoolers need materials and equipment that will spark their interest:
they thrive when they are able to experiment, test things out for themselves, and draw their own conclusions.
Sitting in a circle and learning and sharing is a great way for the whole group to be involved in one activity. Time spent on this activity will help children to learn behavior skills, such as sitting and listening, that they will need for years to come.
Movement and Dance
Skills that music and movement can help develop:
- Participating in a group
- Social skills
- Express emotions
- Enhance self‐concept by sharing music and dance of each other’s culture
- Refine listening skills‐noticing changes in tempo or pitch
- Awareness of movement and body positions
- Creativity and imagination
- Learn new words and concepts
- Explore cause and effect
- Develop large motor skills
- Improve balance, coordination, and rhythm through dance and movement activities
- Improve small motor skills‐learning finger plays and playing musical instruments.
Arts and Crafts
- Motor Skills
- Language Development
- Decision Making
- Visual Learning
- Cultural Awareness
- Improved Academic Performance
Children learn best when “doing”. Hands on science activities do just that, by observing, predicting, experimenting, interpreting and forming a conclusion. This empowers children and helps lay the foundation for a life-long love of learning.
- Reinforces critical thinking; cause and effect.
- Teaches kids about life and the world around them.
- Helps develop patience and perseverance in children.
- Sparks kids’ minds, they too can help solve the world’s big problems.
Learning about Jesus in a fun and interactive time with our pastors
We have a large, fenced in outdoor play area where children can let their imagination run wild (when the weather cooperates)
When the weather isn’t so nice and for structured exercise time we bring the fun inside. We have a huge, full size gym that gives us plenty of room to get the wiggles out.
We have a full size, commercially licensed kitchen to prepare lunch by a certified cook.